BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
GIVE ADDRESS CHANGE TO
- Post Office
- Charge Accounts and Credit Cards
- Insurance for Coverages: Life, Health, Fire & Auto - Subscriptions
- Friends and Relatives
- Transfer funds, arrange check-cashing in new city.
- Arrange Credit References
- Gas, Light, Water, Telephone, Internet and Cable.
- Obtain refunds on any deposits made.
- Ask doctors & dentists for referrals.
- Transfer needed prescriptions, eyeglasses, X-Rays.
- Obtain birth records and medical records.
ON MOVING DAY
- Carry enough cash or travelers checks to cover the cost of moving services until you make banking connections in the new city.
- Carry jewelry and documents yourself or use registered mail.
AT YOUR NEW ADDRESS
- Plan for transporting pets.
- Double-check closets, drawers and shelves to be sure they are empty.
- Check on services of telephone, internet, cable gas, electricity and water.
- Check pilot light on stove, water heater, incinerator and furnace.
- Have new address recorded on drivers license.
- Apply for state drivers license.
- Register children in school.
- Arrange for medical services.